Friday, October 19, 2012

Radiation Vacation Update 3

Well, more of the same, headaches and nausea. I think this will be the norm for a while. The past couple of days Belle has just felt "out of it." This is a very normal reaction to radiation treatment so we are not too concerned and it helps that Belle seems to be handling all of the changes well and keeps smiling.

Belle is eating more these days. She has always had a big appetite so it's really nice to see her eat more normally. She has been eating lots of fruit and vegetables and is trying to make healthy choices. When we started treatment Belle's doctor told us how important it would be for Belle to make healthy decisions such as eat healthy, get good sleep, stay hydrated, etc. Really, these are good ideas for everybody, but especially for Belle. She seems to be taking more responsibility for her own health and seems to understand what she needs to do to take care of herself. She's having to grow up so fast! I am so proud of her, she is amazing. I am so blessed to be her Momma.

I have lost track of how many treatments Belle has gone through. I think it might be easier to not count the days, then I'm not focusing on the past or future but giving more focus to today. I want to enjoy each day to the fullest and I strive to do that but I will also give myself grace for when I fall apart. I am thankful for every day that we have to be together, vomit and all. :)

2 comments:

  1. Amen. Your last sentence said it all. Blessings to you from a friend of Shannon's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a trooper!! I'm also fighting the fight against cancer and when I hit a rough patch, I just think of Belle and her strength helps me through it. She's my inspiration. -Bryn (my son Aaron goes to Harelson)

    ReplyDelete